Prof Bruce Thom AM FIAG FTSEBA (Hons) (Sydney), PhD (Louisiana State)
- Coastal management
- Coastal land use planning
- Coastal geology
- Member, Wentworth Group of Concerned Scientists
- Chair, Coasts and Climate Change Council
- Emeritus Professor, University of Sydney
- President, The Australian Coastal Society
- Former Chair, Australian State of the Environment Committee
- Former Chair, NSW Coastal Council
- Former Vice Chancellor, University of New England
- Former Pro-Vice Chancellor, University of Sydney
- Honorary life member of Surfrider Foundation Australia
- Honorary member of the Sydney Coastal Councils Group
Publications & Speeches
Nightmares and Dreams in Coastal Zone Management in Australia - Coast to Coast Conference, Brisbane, September 2012
Capturing Science in Accounts - Australian Bureau of Statistics Workshop: Completing the Picture - Environmental Accounting in Practice, Melbourne, May 2012.
Keynote Address, Coastal Councils 2012 - Australian Coastal Councils Conference, Hobart, 6 March 2012.
National Coastal Reform - 2010 and Beyond - National Coast to Coast Conference Adelaide
Assessing Regional Sustainability and Land Use Change - Australian Pavilion at China World Expo 2010.
COASTS: how best can we adapt to the challenges of climate change? – Sydney Theatre Company, April, 2010.