Dr Denis Saunders AM
BSc (Hons) (ANU), PhD (WA)
- Conservation biology
- Landscape ecology
- Native vegetation conservation
- State of environment reporting
- Member, Wentworth Group of Concerned Scientists
- Chair, Sara Halvadene Foundation
- Immediate Past President, WWF Australia (2006-2011)
- 1998 recipient of the International Society for Conservation Biology's Individual in Government Award for "significant, meaningful and lasting contributions to conservation biology"
- 1999 recipient of the International Association for Landscape Ecology's Distinguished Scholarship Award for "exceptional contributions to the development of landscape ecology as a science and a practice"
- 2006 D. L. Serventy medallist for "outstanding contributions to publication in the science of ornithology in the Australasian region"
- Former Chief Research Scientist, CSIRO Wildlife & Ecology
- Councillor, Australian Heritage Council (2004-2009)
- Editor, Biological Conservation (2002-2008)
- Editor, Landscape and Urban Planning (1994-2006)
- Associate Editor, Conservation Biology
- Editor Pacific Conservation Biology
- Member, Parks Victoria's Environment Committee
- Research Fellow CSIRO Ecosystem Sciences